Monday, May 26, 2008
We have a new bedime routine. I cannot explain how much I dislike reading kids books, so I leave that one up to Ryan most of the time as he's much more of a reader than I am (working on it tho!). So instead of reading at bedtime, we tell stories. It's so cute. Derrick and Eve both sit at the edge of their beds and say together, "Once upon a time..." Well, Derrick says it correctly, Eve's comes out something like "Up a bedtime..." Still pretty cute. Each night I then say a new story line and they help me finish the story. Tonight, it started out "Once upon a time there was a little girl named Eve and she was downstairs_______." They said she was downstairs playing toys with Nate and that Derrick was sleeping upstairs and they had to wake him up. So they came up with all kinds of ways to wake Big Boy Dirkie up. It was really cute. We tried monkey piling on him, and roaring like a baby lion, then roaring like a daddy lion. I like getting their imaginations going. Derrick has a wonderful one, and Eve is too slow to think of something right now that Derrick will usually beat her in saying something, so we are slowly getting Derrick to let Eve have a turn. She seems kind of confused, but she's catching on. I can't wait until this new baby is 2 and can join in on all the fun conversations we have with D and E!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Well, we are going to go shopping for a short time so Ryan can sleep in peace and quiet, then I'll be off to work. I close tonight, which I didn't expect, so I won't get home until after midnight :o( But hopefully I'll make some good cash and I'll be able to buy all our shrubs to plant this week!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
- Raked up 1/2 of the front yard of the nasty needles (in some places they were almost 6 inches thick! and piled them on the other side of our front yard until we can figure out how to discard them. I vote for burning them, but that might not fly.
- Put up edging around our sidewalk to prevent water runoff from getting dirt all over
- Aerated the area that needed to be reseeded
- Raked the dirt "smooth" - as smooth as I cared to do it :o)
- Put one full bag of seed all over the dirt
- Watered our new babies with a sprinkler we didn't realize doesn't move, so we watered it by hand
So now it's just a waiting game. We have another bag of grass seed ready to fill in the areas that don't grow. Next on the list -
- Plant more seed to fill in areas that didn't thrive (few weeks away though)
- Find shrubs to replace the yucky stumps we have now
- Remove the stumps (not so fun work, we did one last summer)
- Plant the shrubs
- Fill in around the shrubs with rock/wood chips and edging
- Find and Plant a few flowers to give some bursts of color! Can't wait for this one! I might actually plant some flowers in my big pot first, just to get the colors going :o) I'll get the kids in on this one, as we did all the flowers for Applebee's yesterday! They had fun, although they are NOT allowed to go shopping for the flowers with me. That was the biggest pain I have ever done with them! They were so naughty - running and hiding in the plants. They are usually soooo good in the store, but for some reason, they had minds of their owns yesterday!
We have another busy week ahead of us. I'll try to remember to charge our camera so I can post pics of our growing front yard and the kids playing in the dirt, I mean planting in the dirt :o)
** Hint Hint - Mommy's Day is around the corner - I'd like some plants :o) **