- Norman Vincent Peale
Have you started a money makeover? What are you planning on paying CASH for? What bill are you paying off? Share a bit of your story! No story is too small to share! Real life stories keep Carrie motivated. Catch up on Our Story to see how far we’ve come.
Emergency Fund - $1000 – Stocked
House Fund – Goal $20,000.00 by 3/31/2013. This will cover the down payment, closing costs, as well as “sprucing up” the home to make it our own – aka, new furniture, paint, bedding, fencing for the backyard, swing set, etc. It will also be used to fix up our side of the duplex we are living in so it is ready for new renters. The house we are fighting to buy - we don't need near this amount right off the bat! The amount below is more than what we need! The rest saved from here on out is for repairs, new carpeting, paint and appliances.
- Deposited $9.60 in spare change
- Deposited $0 in leftover income :( We have about $3000 in medical bills to pay for, thankfully we'll be reimbursed through our Health Share, but that's 2 months out. So all our extra income goes towards that right now.
- Deposited $8.71 from a return
- Deposited $20 from selling a gift card I bought but don't need
- Currently Saved $8,471.15
The following are the other loans we currently have, but will put them on the back burner as we save for a house bigger than a 2-bedroom for our family of SIX! We plan on keeping the duplex we currently own, and renting out the side we currently live in, thus earning more money each month that will pay these off for us
Hubby’s Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $9395
- Outstanding Balance is $8,658.31
My Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $6480
- Outstanding Balance is $5,937.74