www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hodgepodge

So, I just have a bunch of stuff to say. Nothing important or worthwhile, but it's been a few days since I've written :o)


We are almost done shopping. We are hardly spending any money at all, we told everyone we are trying to pay off debt, so don't buy us anything, bcuz we won't be buying you anything. Sounds mean, but I want our student loans gone. And my family - Matt & Marcie - are both in college = No Money. Scott is going to be laid off here shortly, not sure, but that usually means they will be watching their money also. Ryan's side - Britt and Christine are FINALLY going to get married, and both are in college, so they, I think, were ok with the decision. I just want to spend time with everyone without worrying about who topped who's presents. I don't get home as often as I'd like, so this should be nice.


I took the kids shopping today to get the last bit of Ryan's present. We have a "limit" to spend, so I've been having fun finding coupons and the sale so we can give him the most of what he wants. I've done very well if I do say so myself :o) I've spent 1/6 of what the original prices were :o) And it's stuff he wants! Not just something for him to open.


Ryan wants to wait until the 24th, to further the stereotypical male, to go shopping with the kids. Which I'm ok with. It's not like they are going to wait to get their presents - looking at them all wrapped so nicely, calling their names! And we are just taking them to the Dollar Store to shop for each other. Otherwise I'm sure they'd pick out $50 toys for each other :o) Luckily they are still so young they don't have a clue about money. So $5, equals 5 presents. And remember, as a kid, the more presents the better! :o)


Evie is really learning a lot about putting words together to make sentences! It's so cute. She now only refers to the dog as "Zaley" - no idea where that came from. I guess when it's MommY, DaddY, EvIE, DirkIE, KittY, why not ZaleY??? Only makes sense, right?


Derrick has been a pretty good boy. He's much more fun the older he gets! He's got a sense of humor, and is also incredibly anal. If it's not his way, the toys put back THIS way, he throws a fit!


I'm making Girl Scout Thin Mints for my cookie exchange tomorrow. I forgot how putsy they are! I thought I'd be done with them already, but I forgot they had to be refrigerated for TWO HOURS. So I got some much needed floor cleaning done. I still have one hour to go! Maybe I'll surf the internet more... :o)

No comments: