www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Friday, April 12, 2013

Financially Fit Friday

“When real faith grips you, you develop a mind-set that looks for the best in everything, refuses to give up, finds a way around or through every obstacle, and presses on to victory.”
- Norman Vincent Peale

Have you started a money makeover? What are you planning on paying CASH for? What bill are you paying off? Share a bit of your story! No story is too small to share! Real life stories keep Carrie motivated. Catch up on Our Story to see how far we’ve come.

Emergency Fund - $1000 – Stocked

House Fund – WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!  We will close May 8th as long as everything goes smoothly!  You'll start to see our account dwindle, but I'll keep adding to it as we want new furniture and a play set for the kiddos outside.  I'm SO excited!   We also need to put an egress window in the bedroom downstairs for the boys the day we buy the house.  So, tonight I plan on making a list of things we need in order of priority so I know what to focus on and what we can accomplish buying in a decent amount of time.   

  • Deposited $9.38 in spare change (I didn't have much, so I didn't make a trip to the bank)
  • Deposited $1.94 from Endorse
  • Deposited $14.96 from a mystery shop 
  • Withdrew $750, for home inspection and earnest money
  • Deposited $891.17 from my vehicle getting hit
  • Deposited 41c in interest 
  • Currently Saved $8,401.02
Likes | Tumblr

The following are the other loans we currently have that will get paid off with the rental income once we get our side rented out and our mortgage refinanced. 

Hubby’s Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $9395
  • Outstanding Balance is $8,494.81
My Student Loan as of 10/01/2011 $6480
  • Outstanding Balance is $5,817.57
Family Loan $3000 – I was told to keep this and put this towards a new house, since the person doesn’t need this money right now. Bonus :D










3 comments:

Cricket @ Thrifty Texas Penny said...

I don't read your Financially Fit Friday posts very often, but when I do I love to see the progress you're making. It's so inspiring to see your determination. Congratulations on the house! Can't wait to see how you start paying down the debt after the refinance and getting the duplex rented out! As you already know, even a few dollars makes a huge difference when you're talking debt. Enjoy the new home :-)

Unknown said...

I love your Financially Fit Friday posts! I haven't read them since 2012, but was ecstatic to catch up with them! You're an inspiration!

Heather said...

Greetings Zeldenrust family! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)