www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's been a while!






Oops, didn't realize it's been 8 days since I posted - sorry!

Last Tuesday Gran and Grandpa came for a visit! I'll post pics whenever Gran sends them to me :o) The kids had a great time with them! It's been almost 9 months since they saw them last, so it took just a few minutes for them to warm up to them, then it was all good! They took them out to eat, tried riding the carousel, but I guess that didn't go so well with Eve. Eve got a new guitar that is noisy and I tried "forgetting" it in G's car this weekend, but that didn't work :o) But Eve LOVES that guitar - check out the video of her with it. Derrick got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle van. It shoots pizzas out. It's pretty cool. He is soooo into the TMNTs.

Eve also went swimming for the first time at the hotel Gran and Grandpa stayed at! It didn't take her long to warm up to the whole idea. She wouldn't jump into my arms while I was in the water, but she really enjoyed "swimming" around with me. Derrick was like a little fish. He just grabbed onto the sides of the pool and walked around. He tried getting away from the wall a few times, it's 3 feet deep, so the water came up to his chin. If he moved too quickly, he got a mouthful of water :o) OH! I even got Eve to pinch her nose and put her face in the water - was that ever cute. Derrick couldn't figure it out :o)

Then on Friday morning, we drove up to the cities so the kids could to go G and Papa's house for the weekend. Ryan and I and a group of friends went down to Omaha. The kids had a great time. Daryl was home, so he and Eve played guitars together, while Derrick banged away on the kid piano. They had lots of fun like usual.

No comments: