www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Good News/Bad News

Alrighty, we'll get the "bad" news out first. Our keyboard doesn't work. So I have to go to the library to use a computer. So no more uploading pics until we get it fixed :o( Sorry! No idea what went wrong, but our computer hasn't worked right since Derrick "cleaned" it for us last year. So it may be time for a new one.

Good news - I called a friend yesterday to help me with a part of an application I was filling out. And she told me to go up to Applebee's right away and talk to the manager that was there. So I left within a few minutes and ran up there. I asked for the manager by name, and when he did come out, he had that look all managers do - "What the heck do you want? I don't want another application blah blah blah." So I introduced myself, shook his hand, and said, "Karly told me you might be looking for a good server." That was it, he was like "KARLY!" Lets sit down. So, thank you, Karly! I filled out a dumb personality questionnaire - 150 questions. Whatever, not that big of a deal, just the same question over and over in different words. But, they were PACKED last night when I went in for my interview. So I told him he was busy and I'll come back later. He liked that - HELLO! I've worked at restaurants for years, last thing you want to do is sit down for an interview when you're packed. So I think that gave me a few brownie points :o) He just had me do the questionnaire and told me to come back today for the rest of the interviewing process. Kelly came up to me and introduced herself as the other day server, so that we could get to know each other, etc. I'm not even hired yet, and everyone was welcoming me in! How cool was that? On my way over, I was praying, telling God nicely :o) that if this was meant to be, to show me right away. And He did. So, it sounds like I have a job - the manager last night said to stop back this afternoon so we can finish everything up and get going. Works for me! Totally proves the old saying, "It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know" that will get you places. Well, I should get going. Kids are running around the library somewhere :o) Will update again when I can.

Kids are off to G and Papa's again this weekend, as long as Evie gets rid of her nasty cough that decided to return two days ago. Ryan and I are planning on heading to Omaha again this weekend for a conference. I never really look forward to these very much, but I always know I have such a good time once I'm there :o)

No comments: