www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Oh the old questions..."What are your New Year's Resolutions?"

We have a list of things to accomplish this year. We'll keep you updated on them! We have business goals - which this month is already fantastic! And we are only in the first week of it! We have financial goals. We're following The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. We did this once before to get rid of our credit card debt before Derrick was born. We paid off the last of it the day he was born almost four years ago! Now it's time for the student loans to be done with, and some other miscellaneous loans. So, we'll keep you updated on our progress! Last big goal for the year, we are going to get back to our ideal weights! I don't have a ton to lose, but just need to get most areas tightened up. Ryan has already lost weight and looks awesome! It's like I have a whole new husband already! Can't wait to see him thru the next few months. In August - I may not even recognize him! I'm proud of what he's done so far. Now I just have to watch what I cook so I don't mess things up for him :o) I'll keep you up to date on our inches lost also - you can be our cheering squad! We actually started doing all this before the New Year even started, so in a way, we cheated and started early - oh well! :o)

I've also decided to get a job. It will help in so many ways. I'm not meant to be a full-time mom and only a full-time mom. Especially for their ages. So I'm applying for server positions at local restaurants for a few evenings a week. Or a few day shifts if I can find someone to watch the kids for those few hours. I need to get some sanity back - Ryan mentioned the other day, in a very nice way, that I'm a nicer person to be around when I have a job :o) I could have decked him, but he is right. I get more accomplished at home when I stay busy. And if all I do is play with the kids or just watch them all day, then I get nothing done. But if I had a job to keep me busy, I am more time efficient. At least I was before kids when I had like 3 jobs. So we'll see how this goes! Wish me luck on getting some interviews set up! I talked with Ryan about me getting a full-time position during the day, but I just can't put the kids in day care. It's not worth it to me. Derrick will start preschool again this coming September, and Evie can start in November (I'll probably hold off until January to send her), and that will be enough time away from them. I can't believe my baby is going to be 2 in 3 weeks, and my other baby 4 in just over two months! I'm so enjoying them. Today, Evie sat on my lap, and said, "Momma, you ma fend" - that translates into "Mommy, you're my friend." How precious is that?!? I can't miss out on that by putting them into daycare for a few extra bucks.

Ok, have to tell you this. Sorry for the long entry, should keep you busy for a few minutes :o) Ryan is AWESOME at putting the kids to bed. I don't have the patience nor the will power to fight with them any more. He gets them not only into bed, but to STAY in bed. I listened tonight at how he got them to. Ryan stood at the end of their beds and asked, "What are the rules?" All three of them repeated, "No getting out of bed. No talking. No laughing. (Crap, can't remember the other one!). " Our little soldiers. Ryan's got them all trained so nicely!

No comments: