www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Monday, December 6, 2010

Decorating

I wish I had more space to decorate.
Some people can decorate so beautifully.
They obviously don't have kids, toddlers and/or babies!
A few years ago, I sold our Christmas tree as we had 2 kids under the age of 2 1/2,
a doberman, and a siamese cat. None of those listed are compatible with a tree!
Instead, I used our card table, draped a table cloth over it, and displayed my Christmas town.
This has been nicknamed "The Christmas Table" by my oldest son.
The gifts are hidden underneath it, where they are hard to see.
Which also means they are not tempting the kids to rip them open!
So, in all my cheapness, I started a tradition for our own little family.
This year my son was the first to remind me to get The Christmas Table all set up!

















And Little Victor. He was terrified of the tree!
But once the ornaments went up, he was interested.
Of course, out of all the ornaments, he had to pick out the
Marilyn Monroe one. He's so his father's son!














And this last one is one from my past.
I can't even remember how it started, but my
good friend, Jenny Horner Somethingoranothernow,
and I used to call each other "Losers".
So, the Christmas during our Senior year of high school,
she made this ornament. And I still hang it, obviously,
to this day to remember some good times. It brings a smile
to my face every time I see it.

No comments: