www.swagbucks.com/refer/carriezeldenrust

Search & Win

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Doc Appt

I had my first doc appt yesterday. I was nervous that she'd change my due date AGAIN like with the other two (Derrick was pushed back 7 days, and Eve was a few days). She did change the due date, from the 5th to the 4th of January :o) So it was in my favor! Like the other two, they can't hear the baby's heart beat during the first trimester, so I had an ultrasound done. I brought the kids with thinking it was a short visit, but forgot the initial visit takes well over an hour to do. Oh well. Dr. Goerish showed the kids on the screen where the baby's head was, the back and the butt. Derrick and Eve were glued to the screen. Derrick got this puzzled look on his face - and asked if the baby was in my tummy. Dr. G said "Yes" and both of them came over, pushed my shirt out of the way and started looking for the baby :o)

The rules at the hospital have now changed, and I'm not allowed to try for a VBAC, so it will be a scheduled c-section :o( However, she said they are usually scheduled around 39 weeks, so if it's ok with me, I'd go early. I'm like - I went 7 days over with Derrick, 5 days over with Eve, if I have to have a c-section, you're taking this one as early as possible! :o) She kind of chuckled. I'm still not ok with a c-section, but now that I know that's pretty much my only option, I'll just have to pray for strength.

Derrick is such a smart little boy. He's catchign on to stuff so much quicker than I think he should! He can count to thirty, well, sort of. Fifteen is still "fiveteen", and he can connect the dots up to 20 so far, which he LOVES to do. He's super into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right now, and loves to grab sticks or anything else that he can twirl around and pretend to be fighting. I think he'd get a kick out of Tai Kwan Do.

Eve is still Eve. She HATES bugs and spider webs/cob webs. A bouncy ball she was playing with ended up in a cob web and you thought someone died. Once it was out, she grabbed it and said, "Tanks!" all nice and sweet and was back to playing. She loves to sing, and it's cute listening to her sing her ABCs, or at least her version of it. It's hilarious listening to her sing "Little Red Riding Hood" - the song from the radio way back when. It goes something like this - "Lil Wed Widing Hood. You sure looking good. A big bad wolf wants. OOOOOUUUUU!!!!" I think the OOUU part is her absolute favorite :o) She gets into it and howels just like a wolf, neck outstretched and everything. I've tried getting it on video, but she stops. She's still into jumping, especially off the arm of the couch. However, I haven't seen any belly flops from there recently, which I'm thankful for. I don't see how that was so fun for her to do!

No comments: